Did you know that your skin is the biggest organ in your body? You might not realize it yet, but taking care of your skin is so important. We’ve all seen those TikToks and YouTube videos about the best skin care products for acne, pores, moisturizing, etc., but have you ever wondered if they work? Well, I have, which is why I’m going to breakdown these skincare products today.
Here’s a list of the products that we’ll be looking at:
- Mighty Patch Original
- The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
- Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer
- Biore Deep Charcoal Cleanser
- CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
- Marie Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
Read on to learn if these products truly live up to the hype or fall flat, some natural remedies that are very useful, and what you should do about your acne!
Mighty Patch Original
Pros: It’s the day before your wedding, and you have a big pimple in the middle of your forehead. What do you do? Use Might Patch Original! It’s targeted use gets rid of acne almost immediately and what’s even better is that it’s super satisfying to peel off (ASMR-like). An alternative to the Mighty Patch Original is Hydrocolloid Bandages, which are the same but cheaper. Keep them on overnight, and voila!
Cons: Not everything is 100% foolproof. Although the chances are really low, sometimes it doesn’t work. Plus, it kind of hurts to peel off the patch depending on the pimple.
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
Pros: This was really hyped on TikTok. You’ll get good results if you’re consistent with it, but you should also make sure to wear sunscreen right after for it to work.
Cons: Sadly, most people say that they don’t see a massive difference after using this product.
Biore Deep Charcoal Cleanser
Pros: Finding the right skincare products for guys is a little more challenging, but we’ve got it covered for you. This cleanser can do wonders on your skin, from exfoliation to a refreshed feel.
Cons: It’s not something that you would hear be suggested by someone you knew because it’s not that popular of a brand, but try it out for yourself to see if it works or not.
Pros: This cleanser is excellent. Like really good. It helps exfoliate your skin without the harsh additives and chemicals commonly used in other products. It is also effortless to use because it doesn’t require any harsh scrubbing that might damage your skin.
Cons: None. This cleanser works on anyone with any skin!
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
Pros: This Indian Healing Clay is really hyped on TikTok. When you mix it with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, it reacts with the clay and becomes smooth and easy to apply. The clay also leaves a pleasant tingling sensation to your face, so you feel refreshed once you wash it off. It’s also not as expensive as other products.
Cons: It’s tough to put on your face because it’s so clumpy and you might not see results depending on your skin type (it works best for people with dry skin).
This one is pretty hyped too
Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
Pros: It’s super refreshing on your face and makes you feel revitalized. It also leaves a nice, dewy layer on your face and results in an earthy glow to your face.
Cons: It only doesn’t do much. Half the time, it feels like you’re spraying scented water on your face and you could probably buy something better for the same money.
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Pros: This is a godsend. Periodt. The gel is super amazing and makes your skin smooth and dewy, so you have it feeling as soft as a baby’s bum. It is also vegan, paraben-free, phthalates-free, and oil-free so that it can do wonders to your skin and the environment!
Cons: For many first-time users, it’s going to smell a little weird. Fortunately, the more you use it, the better it gets (an acquired taste). For those that don’t have oily skin, it might not be the best product for you because it’s ideal for people with oily or a combination type of skin.
Are There Any Natural Ways To Take Care of Your Skin?
I think natural is the way to go. It’s just as effective as other skincare products but much more comfortable and cheaper. There are so many DIY remedies that you can try out for your skin. Here are some of them:
- Ice: Rubbing ice cubes on your face is a fantastic way to depuff your skin and tighten it. No matter what type of skin you have, ice is probably one of the few natural ways to get better skin. It can give your skin a healthy glow while also cooling down angry breakouts.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This can do wonders to your skin, but only if you correctly use it. Apple cider vinegar can make your skin burn if you use too much of it, so always mix one tablespoon of vinegar with ¼ cup of water to dilute it.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has some excellent properties that make it able to remove acne scars with its antioxidants and a natural glow to your face. Mix a teaspoon of turmeric with a few drops of water or lemon juice and create a creamy paste that you can apply on your face for 10-15 minutes. Don’t keep it on for longer because turmeric can sometimes leave a yellow stain on your face if it’s on for more than 15 minutes (if necessary, use a facial toner to remove the stains).
- Honey and Cinnamon: One of the best acne remedies out there, honey and cinnamon is a super easy and fast way to get rid of acne and to have clear skin. Both have antimicrobial properties that can kill the bacteria on your skin. To use, mix three tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of cinnamon, make a thick paste, apply it to your face, and remove with hot water after 10 minutes. It can burn your face initially, but after a few minutes, the feeling goes away.
- Fruit: A great piece of advice that I got from my dermatologist on natural ways to take care of my skin is fruit. She said to rub whatever fruit I have at home, whether that’s oranges, tomatoes, bananas, papaya, watermelon etc. There are considerable benefits to rubbing fruits on your face, so make sure to give it a try.
What Should I Do if I Have a Lot of Acne?
The question of the century. What should I do if I have a lot of acne? Acne is a massive problem for people of all ages. What’s the solution? To be honest, no solution can apply to everyone. It depends on the type of skin you have. Dry skin is more generally more prone to acne than oily skin, but it could go either way based on multiple factors like genetics, the environment, food habits, and many other things. To find the right products, experiment with different brands that work for your skin type.
If your acne is a little more frequent and on places other than your face, visit a dermatologist near you to get it taken care of. Most dermatologists suggest medicines with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and adapalene, which can help your skin.
And lastly, remember this. Skincare is a journey, not a short trip.
Sources: Healthline, Sephora